Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sevens Tournament/fall rugby

We will not be playing in this Saturday's Harlequin 7's tournament at the lakefront due to lack of numbers. Only 2 people have been to 7's practice. There is a 7's tournament in July however we would have to have 11 committed girls at practice to consider paying out our own money for the entrance fee.

Fall Pius XI Girls Rugby
Fall practice will be starting by the beginning of August. In order for there to be a Pius XI Girls Jester team we must have a MINIMUM of 20 committed girls that make practice and go to games. If we can not get at least this number we will attempt to combine with another team - no guarantees. We can not continue to have only 9 girls at practice and 10 girls at games with fill-ins from the other team. It is also not safe to have no subs to fill in when needed. There were several games where our girls played the entire game (bravo by the way) only to be up against a team that could rotate in fresh players every 15 min. This is why many injuries occur. Our team has the ability to be very good if we have the numbers, determination and practice. While we are called the 'Pius XI Girls Rugby' at this time we do not have the numbers from Pius to keep players exclusively from Pius. It does not matter to me what school the girls that play for our team come from (Wauwatosa, Milw. Lutheran, HS of the Arts, MPS) as long as they make practice/games and have the heart to be a rugger they will be considered. Should we have a large number of Pius girls that wish to play they will still take priority. So bottom line
IF YOU WANT THIS TEAM TO CONTINUE WE NEED MORE COMMITTED GIRLS! If you find someone interested give them our phone number or the web site info so they can leave us a message.

LETS GET THIS TEAM GOING - I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR THE SPRING

If you will be playing in the fall please leave a message.

Mrs Watters

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry I never made it to any of the seven's practices...I'd say that I would be committed to coming to practice for the sevens tourney in July, but I'm leaving for Italy on the 10th. However, I'll still show up at practices for as long as I can.

And...FALL RUGBY. Count me in a million times.

~Rikki

Anonymous said...

so watters family i am obviously committed and im back and the second thing i am to tell you is that hart park is remodeling their football field area and my dad said that they are making it into different regulation size fields and one of the amazing regulation sizes they are making it into would be a rugby pitch so that could be something that we could into as a home pitch!



by the way i have recruited two new players so thats two new rugger babies we have coming

fall rugby i have been longing for you

im 110% committed and so is my shoulder it is healed and ready for hard hits!


HEPPE

Anonymous said...

RUGGER BABIES!!!

~Rikki

(P.S. I am so earning my award for checking this blog like every two hours)

XI Rugby said...

I will have Dann talk with Tosa. There are a few other rugby clubs
(no other HS)that went to the spring meeting at city hall to discuss a possible rugby field there. I am glad that your shoulder is better.
Awesome about the rugger babies!

Rikki, don't worry about 7's practice if you are going to Italy. As of right now we don't have enough girls to practice but I will let you know if more show interest.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just saying that I am of course fully committed to the fall season. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. Haven't checked the site in a while.
But I'll be recruiting friends as best as a I can to make sure we still have a team!
-Deanna

Anonymous said...

cant wait for fall to begin wondering when and what times practice will be i would have loved to have played 7s but my work conflicted with the mondays practices and im 120.925% committed
-Nicole :)